Saturday, May 11, 2013

A Letter: Dear Lucy Maud Montgomery...

I have read your book, Anne of Green Gables, many times, and each time I saw the book from a different point of view. While reading your book, I realized something about myself. I realized that I, like Anne, have a free will. I can have hopes, dreams, and ambitions. I think your book really enables me to exhibit the same characteristics that I share with Anne. Your book makes me feel special because it makes me feel not hidden but out and free in the world. Being confident in the world, I feel everyone can enjoy and appreciate my talents. For example, when I dance or play piano on stage, I am reminded of the time Anne walked the ridgepole. She did it fearlessly, and I admire her courage. Reading your book shows me that I can have that courage too.                              
This book also showed me something different about my world. Anne describes everything so beautifully. She calls places by different names to make places seem more fantastic. Anne of Green Gables made me see how awesome the world really is and how wonderful it is to live in a place where life flourishes and plants sprout. It made me realize and appreciate my home and planet even more. I am now even more aware of my surroundings. Just as Anne named an ordinary lake the “lake of shining waters,” I think that everyone should see beauty in their environment. I think this different viewpoint would help preserve our planet.  

Your book was very meaningful to me because your book had many life lessons. I really enjoyed reading how Anne persisted through her challenges and how she fought through adoption and being different. I know I’m different and I know it takes strength to get through being different. Reading Anne of Green Gables and learning about how Anne survives her differences really helps by providing me an example to follow. Anne also undergoes change. I’m going through change in my family and my life because I’m moving to a different state. Reading this book makes me feel that Anne is helping me through the change. The book, Anne of Green Gables, develops my self-confidence, strengthens my appreciation for the world around me, and helps me deal with the changes in my life. Thank you for the opportunity to be inspired by your book.

Sincerely,
Victoria Scarlett Doman

No comments:

Post a Comment